|For Veterans and Families|
to submit your veteran related events. Your information may also be published in VETS NEWS.
▪ State Fair: Free Admission on Celebrate Freedom Day
The Oregon State Fair is again honoring military service veterans
by providing free admission on Thur., Aug. 28. Veterans and active duty personnel with a valid military ID card, retiree ID, DD-214, Oregon Veteran's Drivers License, VA, or any veteran service organization ID card will be admitted free to the Fair.
Contact: State Fair Office, 503-947-3247
▪ American Women Vets’ Assoc. meets in Douglas Co.
▪ Vets Helping Vets to hold 7th Annual Picnic in Albany
The annual potluck picnic, Sat. Aug. 30, 10:30 am to 5 pm, includes BBQ pig, salmon, brisket, hotdogs and hamburgers. Bring your favorite potluck side dish. Location: Timber Linn Memorial Park, 900 Price Rd SE. Children’s activities, silent auction, raffle. Guest speakers: Cameron Smith, Director ODVA, and Chris Marshall Director Regional VA.
- Contact: Pat Baily, 541-791-4357
▪ Career and Benefits Fair at the La Grande Armory This free hiring fair - Sept. 12, 10 am to 1 pm - will connect employers with veterans or service members who are seeking employment opportunities. Several benefit providers will be present. Location: National Guard Armory, 404 12th St., Blue Mountain Community College Conference Center,
- Regsiter: firstname.lastname@example.org, 541-963-7111
▪ Mid-Willamette Valley Stand Down in September
Salem's Vet Center and SOVAH host the event on Sept. 19, 10 am to 4 pm. Assistance includes: medical and dental services, benefits registration, military surplus, Women Veterans Workshop, counseling and a free lunch. All veterans (Guard & Reserve too) and their families welcome. Location: Salem's Grace Baptist Church, 4197 State St. NE.
- Contact: Todd Londin, 503-363-4457
▪ Vietnam 25th Infantry Div., 1st Air CAV Vets Meet
Female veterans from all US service branch/eras are invited to meet, become better informed, do service projects, and enjoy camaraderie. Monthly meeting is on the 2nd Tue., 5 pm, with a quarterly potluck at American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St., Roseburg.
- Contact: Dona Brewer, 541-391-9813
All veterans are welcome to meet for lunch and conversation on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Superking Buffet, 5105 SE 82nd Ave., Portland.
- Contact: Gary Hartt, 503-632-6955
▪ US Merchant Marine - Navy Armed Guard Meets
The Oregon AMMV meets on the 3rd Monday of the month, 11:30 am, Clackamas Banquet Facility, 15815 SE 82nd Dr.
- Contact: Max Guitierez, 503-789-7932
▪ Douglas County Veterans Monthly Forum
Veteran organization leaders discuss and develop common support issues for all veterans in SW Oregon. Briefings from VA Roseburg Healthcare Systems, county veteran service officer and veteran's agencies. Meetings: 5 pm, third Tue. of each month at Roseburg American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St.
- Contact: Jim, 541-672-4635, email@example.com
▪ 10th Mountain Division Group Meets Monthly
Newcomers, WWII comrades and descendants are invited to lunch on the last Sunday of the month, 1 pm., at Eastmoreland Golf Course Club House, 2425 SE Bybee Blvd., Portland. Group planning for the 10th Mountain Memorial Grove, picnics and other events.
- Contact: Jim Bray, 503-913-7058