|For Veterans and Families|
▪ Oregon's 234th Army Band to Tour in July
The band will make their annual tour of 11 Oregon cities between July 5-17. The 40-member National Guard group will play a variety of music styles from "Bach to Rock" and the always popular patriotic music.
- Contact: Sgt 1st Class Jesse Salas, 503-683-5423 or check
▪ American Women Vets’ Assoc. meets in Douglas Co.
▪ History Was Here: The Home Front in WW II
This family event showcases the "home front" and essential role of Salem's Thomas Kay Woolen Mill as a wartime service. See presentations about Camp Adair, books, local authors, uniform displays, memorabilia, vehicles and living history, July 12, 10 am to 4 pm, in Salem at Willamette Heritage Center, 1313 Mill St. SE.
- Contact: Kathleen, 503-585-7012 ext 254, firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ 3rd Annual Veterans & Family Center Cruise-In
Classic cars, fire trucks, police vehicles, vintage and current military vehicles, Sat., July 12. Enjoy a DJ, Blue Grass Band, kids activities, food, raffle - family fun! All proceeds go to fund an ADA handicapped room at Valley Catholic School, 4275 SW 148th Ave., Beaverton. Free admission. Car pre-registration, $15 or $20 at the event.
- Contact: Lynn, 503-780-4679, www.veteranscruisein.org
▪ Association to Celebrate Atomic Veterans Day
Oregon’s Association of Atomic Veterans will mark national Atomic Veterans Day on July 16. Veterans who were exposed to radiation, or any veteran, will share lunch and conversation at American Legion Post 158, 8635 Scoffins St., Tigard, at 10 a.m.
- Contact: Frank, 541-259-1482
▪ Warrior Run-Walk Fundraiser in Oregon City, July 27
Teams or individuals can enter a 5K, 10K Walk, Roll, and Run, July 27 at 8 am, Clackamette Park, 1955 Clackamette Dr., Oregon City. Regstration: $40. T-shirts and goodie bags are included. Prizes for the top 3 places. The event benefits Veterans and the services they receive at Sycamore Lane Therapeutic Ring Center.
- Contacts: Suzanne, Michelle, or Lisa, 503-593-7084
▪ Clark County Wash. Veteran Stand Down in August
Location: Vancouver, Wash., Armed Forces Reserve Center, 15005 NE 65th St., August 13 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Contact: email@example.com
▪ Mid-Willamette Valley Stand Down in September
Salem's Vet Center and SOVAH host the event. Assistance includes: medical and dental services, benefits registration, military surplus, Women Veterans Workshop, counseling and a free lunch. All veterans (Guard & Reserve too) and their families welcome. Location: Salem's Grace Baptist Church, 4197 State St. NE,10 am to 4 pm, Sept. 19.
- Contact: Todd Londin, 503-363-4457
▪ Vietnam 25th Infantry Div., 1st Air CAV Vets Meet
Female veterans from all US service branch/eras are invited to meet, become better informed, do service projects, and enjoy camaraderie. Monthly meeting is on the 2nd Tue., 5 pm, with a quarterly potluck at American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St., Roseburg.
- Contact: Dona Brewer, 541-391-9813
All veterans are welcome to meet for lunch and conversation on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Superking Buffet, 5105 SE 82nd Ave., Portland.
- Contact: Gary Hartt, 503-632-6955
▪ US Merchant Marine - Navy Armed Guard Meets
The Oregon AMMV meets on the 3rd Monday of the month, 11:30 am, Clackamas Banquet Facility, 15815 SE 82nd Dr.
- Contact: Max Guitierez, 503-789-7932
▪ Douglas County Veterans Monthly Forum
Veteran organization leaders discuss and develop common support issues for all veterans in SW Oregon. Briefings from VA Roseburg Healthcare Systems, county veteran service officer and veteran's agencies. Meetings: 5 pm, third Tue. of each month at Roseburg American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St.
- Contact: Jim, 541-672-4635, firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ 10th Mountain Division Group Meets Monthly
Newcomers, WWII comrades and descendants are invited to lunch on the last Sunday of the month, 1 pm., at Eastmoreland Golf Course Club House, 2425 SE Bybee Blvd., Portland. Group planning for the 10th Mountain Memorial Grove, picnics and other events.
- Contact: Jim Bray, 503-913-7058