|For Veterans and their Families|
Click the button above to submit your veteran related events. Your notification will be published in VETS NEWS
, on this web page, ODVA's Blog
, or ODVA's Facebook
▪ Hiring Our Heroes Veterans Event, March 13th
The event focuses on resume writing, navigating job fairs, military job skills translation, and interviewing. Employment Workshop: 9 am. Hiring Fair: 9 am to 2 pm. Location: Salem Convention Center, 200 Commerical St. NE, Salem. Click here to register.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-463-5807
▪ American Women Vets’ Assoc. meets in Douglas Co.
Female veterans from all US service branch/eras are invited to meet, become better informed, do service projects, and enjoy camaraderie. Monthly meeting/potluck on the 2nd Tue., 5 pm, at American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St., Roseburg.
- Contact: Dodie Blessing, 541-784-6250
▪ Vietnam 25th Infantry Div., 1st Air CAV Vets
All veterans are welcome to meet for lunch and conversation on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Superking Buffet, 5105 SE 82nd Ave., Portland.
- Contact: Gary Hartt, 503-632-6955
▪ US Merchant Marine-Navy Armed Guard Meeting
The Oregon AMMV meets on the 3rd Monday of the month, 11:30 am, at the Clackamas Banquet Facility, 15815 SE 82nd Drive.
- Contact: Bob Roberts, 503-663-7876
▪ Douglas County Veterans Monthly Forum
Veteran organization leaders discuss and develop common support issues for all veterans in SW Oregon. Briefings from VA Roseburg Healthcare Systems, county veteran service officer and veteran's agencies. Meetings: 5 pm, third Tue. of each month at Roseburg American Legion Post 16, 406 SE Oak St.
- Contact: Jim, 541-672-4635, email@example.com
▪ Underage Veterans Meet 1st Fridays in Portland
Underage veterans who joined the service at age 16 or younger, and anyone else interested, are invited to come to this monthly meeting-luncheon at Gregg's Backyard Rest.,
3554 SE 82nd (near Powell), on the 1st Friday of the month.
- Contact: Willie Paradise, 503-665-1739
▪ 10th Mountain Division Group Meets Monthly
Newcomers, WWII comrades and descendants are invited to lunch on the last Sunday of the month, 1 pm., at Eastmoreland Golf Course Club House, 2425 SE Bybee Blvd., Portland. Group planning for the 10th Mountain Memorial Grove, picnics and other events.
- Contact: Jim Bray, 503-913-7058