Amenities and Services | Cost of Care | Donate/Volunteer | Photo Gallery
The Oregon Veterans´Home is a 151-bed Medicare and Medicaid certified long-term healthcare facility. To be admitted to the Home, an applicant must be:
· A veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces, as defined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
(USDVA), discharged under honorable conditions or
· The spouse, or surviving spouse as defined by the USDVA or
· Parents who have lost a child to war-time service.
· Admittance is not limited to Oregon residents.
An applicant must also:
· Be able to pay the resident’s portion of the cost of care
· Be in need of skilled or intermediate nursing home care
· Not require medical care for which the Home is not equipped or staffed to provide
· Not have violent traits that may prove dangerous to the veteran, residents of the Home, staff
or others. However, this should not be interpreted as to prevent the admission of residents
diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia. The facility is equipped and prepared
to provide care for common symptoms of these ailments and provide assistance in physician
Applicants must submit an Application for Admission and include copies of the following:
· The veteran's DD-214 (military discharge papers)
· The veteran's (or admitting resident's) current Medicare and/or insurance card
· A marriage certificate (for spouses of veterans only)
· Power of Attorney papers
Once submitted, the normal application process takes up to five working days as the Home verifies the documentation. The Home’s Admission Coordinator will contact the applicant or the responsible party upon reviewing the application.
Upon approval, the applicant will be scheduled for admission based on occupancy availability.
Download Application for Admission (4002-P) and submit it to the Veterans’ Home. Applications can also be obtained from the Home or from a local County Veterans’ Service Officer.