Tools and Resources
Awareness and Education
- Defend Yourself Against ID Theft
- Secure Email From OHA/DHS - OHA and DHS secure outbound email containing confidential data or PHI. Instead of receiving email directly to your inbox, you will receive a notification message that OHA or DHS has an email waiting for you on a secure server. A link will take you, via a secure browser, to that server, where you will receive instructions for opening the email.
- Password Security - Using passwords and how to create and change them.
- Phish Sense - Phishing is an identity theft scam in which "spammers" use an authentic looking e-mail to trick you into providing personal information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, passwords, and account information. Learn how to spot and avoid phishing scams.
- Incident Reporting - If you've detected an information security or privacy problem we'd like to know about it. The Privacy/Information Security Incident Response Program (PSIRP) can help you with incident response.
- Privacy forms - Ten forms were developed as part of the HIPAA Privacy implementation process. These forms give clients a variety of ways to specify their privacy requests, and they inform clients how their private information will be protected. *Note: Forms are also available in alternate languages. Search by using the form number listed below.
|DHS 2090 (PDF)
||DHS Notice of Privacy Practices|
|DHS 2092 (PDF)
||DHS Notice of Privacy Practices, Acknowledgment of Receipt|
|DHS 2093 (Word)
||Request to Access Records|
|DHS 2094 (Word)
||Request for Amendment of Health Record|
|DHS 2095 (Word)
||Request for Restriction of Use and Disclosures|
|DHS 2096 (Word)
||Request for Accounting of Disclosures of Health Records|
|DHS 2097 (Word)
||Disclosures of Protected Health Information (PHI)|
|DHS 2099 (Word)
||Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Information|
|DHS 2099i (PDF)
||Instructions for Completing the Authorizations for Use and Disclosure of Information|
|DHS 2101 (Word)
||Special Handling for Confidential Communications|
|DHS 2102 (Word)
||DHS Non-Disclosure Agreement|
|DHS 3001 (Word)
||DHS Privacy and Security Incident Report|