Current Resources and Opportunities
Webinar - Effective contraceptive use: sharing highlights and innovations across CCOs
In late 2017 and early 2018, Patty Cason, a consultant and clinician trainer who specializes in increasing access to comprehensive patient-centered contraceptive services, held effective contraception use (ECU) consultation calls with 14 CCOs. Since that time, 12 CCOs have received follow-up technical assistance. During this webinar, Patty Cason will share highlights, innovations and lessons learned from the calls and follow-up projects. She will also share ECU successes, challenges and themes across CCOs to provide broader learning opportunities for all CCOs focusing on this metric.
Webinar series: Youth Sexual Health
This 6-part webinar series is a technical assistance opportunity for increasing effective contraception use and serving adolescents. This series is presented by the OHA Public Health Division and Health Share of Oregon and hosted by the OHA Transformation Center.
Details, registration and recordings (flier)
Audience: Providers, clinic staff, public health partners, schools, school districts, youth serving agencies, tribes and CCO staff.
- Beyond the Pill: Patient education materials, provider training and research focused on access and equity in women's contraceptive health care (Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health at the University of California, San Franscisco)
- Bedsider: Resources for providers to help start conversations about birth control
See the effective contraceptive use webinar flier, which includes links to the recordings:
- Clinic-level strategies to increase effective contraceptive use: 5-part series presented by Patty Cason focused on health literacy, managing IUD and implant challenges, patient-centered contraception counseling and more
- Understanding marginalized populations, shared language and reproductive health
- Using a clinic self-assessment tool for providing high-quality contraception services
- Implementing One Key Question, a pregnancy intention screening tool
- Immediate postpartum LARCs: billing and coding
- Case study: Preconception Health Campaign in Southern Oregon
OHA has convened a cross-agency work group to comprehensively address the issue of unintended pregnancy and develop a strategic state plan for reducing unintended pregnancy and improving pregnancy planning and spacing. Providing technical assistance to health systems, CCOs and clinics is one strategy to increase effective contraceptive use, address disparities in unintended pregnancies and improve women’s health, pregnancy and birth outcomes.
Adrienne Mullock: Adrienne.P.Mullock@state.or.us or 971-673-3384