Loan Repayment Assistance
What if you could receive up to $50,000 for educational loan repayments and help improve the health of Oregonians with limited access to care?
The National Health Service Corps
(NHSC) offers loan repayment assistance to support qualified health care providers who choose to take their skills where they are most needed. The program is open to licensed primary care medical, dental, and mental and behavioral health providers who are employed or have accepted an offer of employment at an NHSC-approved site.
Approximately one in five people in the United States live in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA). There is an even greater need in Oregon.
- 25% of Oregonians live in a primary care shortage area
- 40% of Oregonians do not have adequate access to mental health care
- 31% of Oregonians lack access to dental care.
As a health care provider, you can make a difference! Consider applying for the NHSC Loan Repayment Program!
Health care providers practicing at a NHSC-approved site with a HPSA score of 14 or above in return for a two-year, full-time commitment can be awarded up to $50,000 for loan repayment.
With continued service, all providers may be able to pay off all their student loans.
To apply for the NHSC Loan Repayment Program health care providers must:
- Be a U.S. Citizens or National
- Practice in one of the following disciplines:
- Primary Care Physician (MD or DO)
- Dentist (DDS or DMD)
- Primary Care Certified Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM)
- Primary Care Physician Assistant (PA)
- Licensed Dental Hygienist (RDH)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Be Licensed to practice in Oregon
- Currently work at a facility that is certified NHSC site and located in the Health Professional Shortage Area
For more information visit https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/
The Primary Care Office is the designated liaison between the National Health Services Corps and Oregon.