HIT and HIE Community and Organizational Panel
The Health Information Technology and Health Information Exchange Community and Organizational (HCOP) is a workgroup formed by the Health Information Technology Oversight Council (HITOC). HCOP’s role is to:
- Facilitate communication and coordination among health information exchanges (HIEs), coordinated care organizations (CCOs), and other healthcare organizations.
- Identify and share best practices
- Identify common barriers to HIT and HIE implementation progress; and
- Identify opportunities for collaboration amongst entities implementing and operating HIT and HIE.
- Provide strategic input to HITOC and OHA regarding ongoing HIT and HIE strategy, policy, and implementation efforts
The HCOP is comprised of representatives from a variety of organizations across Oregon that are actively engaged in implementing or operating HIT and HIE programs.
HCOP Meeting Schedule
Gina Bianco, Jefferson Health Information Exchange (JHIE)
Chuck Fischer, Advantage Dental
Nancy Laney, Catholic Health Initiatives
Britteny Matero, CareAccord
Klint Peterson, IHN-CCO Regional Health Information Collaborative
Deborah Rumsey, Children's Health Alliance
Susan Kirchoff, Emergency Department Information Exchange (EDIE)
Michael Thomas, Central Oregon Health Connect
2010 to 2011 Workgroups
Three workgroups were formed to dive deeper into operational details for Oregon's HIE Strategic and Operational Plans that were submitted to the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) in August 2010. The Workgroups delivered their recommendations to HITOC on key legal policies, a sustainable finance plan and technology standards and services in spring 2011.
The Workgroups included Finance, Legal and Policy, and Technology.
Advisory Panels included a Health Information Organization (HIO) Executive Panel and a Consumer Advisory Panel.