Statute / Rule
Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 442.120
Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR) 409-022-0010
Table A: Discharge Reporting Requested Elements
**Note: A hearing is scheduled for 6/24/2015. See Notice/Proposed Rule Changes.
Forms and Waivers
Data Coordinator Designation Form
ASC Registration Form AS-1
ASC Waiver Form-R
Schedule of Reporting
Data is reported directly to CompData.
|Data Submission Deadline
||Exemption & Waiver Submission Deadline
||Extension Submission Deadline|
|May 29, 2015 (1st quarter)
||March 30, 2015
||May 20, 2015|
|August 28, 2015 (2nd quarter)
||July 1, 2015
||August 19, 2015|
|November 30, 2015 (3rd quarter)
||September 30, 2015
||November 18, 2015|
|March 2, 2016 (4th quarter)
||December 31, 2015
||February 20, 2016|
Data is reported directly to CompData. Questions about data submissions can be e-mailed to CompData here.
Send forms and waiver requests to: email@example.com
*Please use for form submissions only, not for inquiries.
ASC Discharge Data
Instructions on Ordering Ambulatory Surgery Center Discharge Data
The Office of Health Analytics makes a public use dataset available for a variety of purposes. The data has been de-identified using the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Privacy Rule’s Safe Harbor standard for de-identification. As a result, full 5-digit patient zip code information is not available.
Quarterly and annual data files are available in comma-delimited format, accompanied by documentation for calendar years 2009 through the most recent year available – currently 2013. The cost is $75 per calendar quarter of data or $250 per year. The number of discharge varies by year, generally around 500,000 records.
To obtain the public use data set, please do the following:
- Review the Ambulatory Surgery Center Discharge Layout prior to requesting data. The Office of Health Analytics will not refund fees.
- Please review our FAQ document.
- Download and complete a Form D-1. In order to submit your information, download the public use data request D-1 form to your desktop. Do not complete this form while you are on the web, the data will not be saved.
- Enclose payment in check form (we cannot accept credit cards) and send it along with form D-1 to the address below. The cost is $75 per quarter or $250 per year of data. Please make checks payable to Oregon Health Authority.
- After the request has been approved and full payment has been received, the data order will be sent out.
- Research datasets:
- More detailed information for research and analysis purposes can be obtained from Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Central Distributor
- HCUP datasets contain protected health information and will require a data use agreement, study proposal and plan for maintaining confidentiality for access. Be aware that:
- The cost is $550/year of data requested.
- Researcher and all other persons with access to the data are required to read and sign an agreement with HCUP.
- Please refer to the HCUP website for further information on ordering, payments and data use requirements.
Send forms & payment to:
Oregon Health Authority
Office of Health Analytics
Attn: Data Fulfillment Officer
500 Summer St NE, E-64
Salem, OR 97301
If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.