A. If there are no other HKC covered siblings on the case or there is a one-member pregnant teen, the family or parent must be pre-enrolled for HKC coverage.
1. Apply for medical services within 45 days before the scheduled delivery date;
2. Be determined eligible for HKC coverage.
3. Complete, sign and return required HKC enrollment paperwork by the 23rd or the last business day prior to the 23rd of the month prior to the delivery month.
4. Coverage of the pre-enrolled newborn will be effective the first of the month following enrollment or the date of birth, whichever is later.
B. If a child is born to a covered HKC member or a family in which there is a covered HKC sibling, the family or parent must:
1. Apply for medical services within 45 days before the scheduled delivery date.
2. Returns all enrollment paperwork within 31 days of the scheduled delivery date.
3. If the request to enroll in HKC is received beyond the scheduled delivery date, the coverage effective date will be the first of the month following the date of enrollment request.