Planning activities that promote sustainable water infrastructure may receive funding up to a maximum of $20,000 per project. Priority is given to systems that serve fewer than 300 service connections.
- Feasibility Studies - studies to evaluate infrastructure project feasibility
- Asset Management Plan - plan for managing water system infrastructure assets
- System Partnership Studies - studies to evaluate potential for system consolidation / regionalization
- Resilience Plan - plan for water system resiliency and identify a potential improvement project
- Water Rate Analysis - analysis of water system rate charges, structure, and adequacy
- Leak Detection Studies - studies to detect water system leakage and identify possible solutions
- Water System Master Plan for water systems with < 300 connections - Long-range plan to evaluate the needs of the water system and make recommendations for future improvements
Ineligible projects include activities related to construction and/or engineering/design, and activities related to ineligible project types listed under the infrastructure loan program.
Projects must also incorporate a community engagement component and an asset management activity. For more information on the specific components, please contact the IFA Regional Coordinator for your area.
- Funding up to $20,000 per project (above $20,000 is based on approval and availability of funds)
- 100% Forgivable Loan
- An award for SIPP funding of up to $20,000 per water system may be awarded once every three (3) years for a project.
- Water system must complete project within 1 year
- Awarded projects have the flexibility to use up to 25% of the award to go towards the required community engagement & asset management components outlined above.
- SIPP Program overview
Letter of Interest (LOI)
Deadline to submit Letters of Interest for this quarter is September 15th, 2017. After eligible projects have been reviewed, rated (i.e., scored), and ranked on the Project Priority List, IFA will follow-up with systems who have submitted eligible Letters of Interest to complete the funding application on a quarterly basis.