Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Medicaid Services Tools for Providers

Forms & Instructions


Frequently Asked Questions

  1. How can I get access to the Medicaid Management Information System?
    As a DMAP enrolled Medicaid provider, you may have access to the Medicaid Management Information System, where you can submit claims on-line, track authorizations for services, and check the eligibility of the people you serve. The Provider Services Unit can give you a PIN and Password to use the Medicaid Management Information System. Their phone number is 1-800-336-6016.
  2. How do I submit claims on-line using the Medicaid Management Information System?
    DMAP provides training on MMIS. Please go **LINK** to find an upcoming webinar or contact the training unit at 1-503-945-5982.
  3. How do I submit a request for a Plan of Care authorization (for personal care services in a residential setting) or a Prior Authorization (for mental health rehabilitative services)?
    Find both the Plan of Care Request Form and the Prior Authorization Request Form in the library above. Both kinds of requests must be authorized by the appropriate Community Mental Health Program and must be accompanied by supporting documentation. Requests can be faxed to the Medicaid Policy Unit at (503)945-5869 or mailed to Addictions and Mental Health 500 Summer St. NE E 86 Salem, OR 97301-1118 Att: Adult Medicaid Specialist.
  4. How do I check the status of a request for either a Plan of Care authorization or a Prior Authorization?
    Providers should receive notices of authorizations in the mail. You can, however, check the status of an authorization in real time by using the Medicaid management information system. Log on to the MMIS web-site. Go to the tool bar at the top of the screen. Click on POC. Choose Search from the drop-down options. Enter the individual's prime or Medicaid number in the ID Number field. Click on the search button.
  5. What do I do if I notice an error in a Plan of Care authorization or a prior authorization?
    The quickest way to get an authorization fixed in MMIS is by sending an email to AMH.Retrievers@state.or.us. Include the Prior Authorization number, the data that was entered incorrectly, and the correct information. Be sure to include contact information in case we need to contact you for clarification.