AMH is committed to reforming addiction and mental health services and outcomes in Oregon.
- Focus on early intervention to promote recovery and improved health.
- Avoid long-term costs like loss of employment and health care and criminal behavior.
- Give community-based programs the flexibility to customize their services and hold them accountable for outcomes.
- Involve clients and families in planning and oversight of mental health services.
- Reduce the dependence on high-cost in-patient care.
- Increase the availability of high-quality, community-based services.
Counties understand best the behavioral health needs of their communities. AMH’s reforms give them the flexibility to put resources where they’re most needed. Since July, 2012, we have been working with community-based organizations to improve addiction and mental health services to their clients. We hold them accountable for the overall mental health of their clients, not the number of services or people assisted.
Local Mental Health Authority Agreement Documents