OWITS is designed to meet the growing needs of capturing patient treatment data and satisfy mandatory government reporting requirements for the planning, administration, and monitoring of Behavioral Health Treatment Programs. OWITS is an Electronic Health Records System (EHR) driven by web
The purpose of the EHR is to provide software that facilitates cooperation and collaboration across treatment providers by enabling the sharing of client treatment information (within the constraints of HIPAA and 42CFR regulations).
Personal Computer, Internet Connection and Internet Explorer 8 or higher or the equivalent of that in another browser platform.
There is a shared cost to use the EHR and the staff time for training, agency set up and business transition. The exact cost will be determined later and will not take effect until July 2015. For more
information on the requirements of using the EHR, check out the Frequently Asked Questions page (select "OWITS" from the drop-down menu).
- Review the web pages, including posted
documents and watch the video "OWITS EHR
- Review Memorandum of
Understanding and review the OWITS section of Frequently Asked Questions
- Submit Provider Application: (PDF) or
- Review the OWITS System Flow document to better understand the flow of the OWITS system and to assist you with determining how OWITS and your current business flow will work together.
- Register to use the OWITS Forum to see news about upcoming enhancements and bug fixes, to discuss proposed
changes, and to share tips and tricks with other OWITS users.
Benefits to OWITS Users
- Classroom training
- Training Manuals and videos
- Business transition assistance
- Reporting capabilities
- OWUG (OWITS User Group)
- Opportunity to have input on system changes
- No more CPMS reporting! (OWITS does this for you)