Bills for OHP health care services
Learn when OHP clients may be billed for health care services and what to do if you get one.
Health care providers generally cannot bill medical assistance clients for services that OHP covers. Your provider may not know you are on OHP.
- Remember to take your Medical Care ID with you to all health care appointments and show it to the office staff.
- If you are in a health or dental plan, make sure your health care providers know what plan you are in. The provider should bill the plan in most circumstances.
- Billing and contact information for providers - including where to send billing information.
If you do receive a bill for health care services, take care of it right away by following the steps below. If you don't take care of it right away, it may be sent to a collection agency.
- Make sure your provider’s office knows you are an OHP client and has your Client ID number.
- Call your provider’s office. Make sure they have billed OHP or your managed care plan.
- If you still get a bill, call:
- Your health or dental plan, or
- The Client Services Unit at 1-800-273-0557 (TTY 711) Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or 1:45 to 4:55 p.m.
If you still need help, send a copy of the bill to:
OHP Client Services
500 Summer St. NE, E44
Salem, OR 97301