OHP Client Services Unit - 1-800-273-0557
Learn what Client Services staff can and cannot do, and find helpful client resources.
What CSU staff can and cannot do
Staff are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. to 4:55 p.m.
|What can Client Services help me with?|
- Describe the types of medical and dental care OHP covers.
- Coach members on what to do when they have problems getting medical, dental or mental health care.
- Follow up on member complaints about services OHP has determined are not covered.
- Refer callers to the Governor's Advocacy Office for investigation when appropriate.
- Refer OHP health plan members to their plan's customer service when appropriate.
- Advise OHP members on the process for the review and resolution of health care bills.
- Answer basic questions about dates of OHP eligibility and other related issues.
- Issue Certificates of Creditable Coverage requested by members leaving OHP and moving to commercial health insurance. Requests are mailed directly to commercial health insurance providers OR the adult representative on the OHP record.
- Process requests from OHP members in the Pharmacy Management Program who want to change their assigned pharmacy.
|What can Client Services NOT help me with?|
- Refer clients to specific doctors, dentists, clinics or other available providers. View our Access to Care questions to learn how to find an OHP health care provider.
- Determine what specific health care services are covered or not covered for any specific client. OHP coverage depends on the client's benefit package and the health care condition(s) the service is supposed to treat. Contact your health care provider.
- Answer questions about services provided by OHP medical and dental plans. Contact your plan.
- Send out OHP applications or help people complete the application. Contact an Application Assister in your county.
- Determine eligibility for any state programs. Contact your local DHS/AAA Office.
- Send out OHP client handbooks. Contact the OHP Customer Service or read the handbook online.
- Change a client's record (for example, add family members to cases, change address). Contact your caseworker.
Help for OHP clients and applicants
DHS Fraud Hotline: 1-888-FRAUD01(1-888-372-8301)
Find Al-Anon Family Groups in Oregon
Accessing mental health, substance abuse and gambling addictions treatment services in your county.
Seniors, people with disabilities, and child welfare clients: Contact your local branch for questions about
- Program eligibility
- Updating client records (address, household members, insurance information)
Information and access to DHS programs and services
OHP Customer Service – 800-699-9075
Your Medical ID; updating your name, address, family status or other information; changing plans; requesting a hearing
Nurse advice for members not in an OHP medical plan
Client Services Unit (CSU) – 800-273-0557
Medical bills, getting health care
CCO services, providers, availability
Dental plan services, providers, availability
PCO services, providers, availability
Find a substance abuse treatment provider
Non-emergent medical transportation for members with OHP Plus, CAWEM Plus or OHP with Limited Drug benefits.