How to Apply to Operate an Oregon Medical Marijuana Dispensary
Applications for licenses to operate a medical marijuana dispensary in Oregon will be accepted beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, March 3, 2014 using the link below. No applications will be accepted before this time.
Before You Apply
Prepare Before You Apply
Get Your Documents Ready
Person Responsible for the Facility (PRF) - This means an individual who owns, operates, or otherwise has legal responsibility for a facility and who meets the qualifications established in these rules and has been approved by the Authority.
Check your facility address with the Oregon School Locator. Make sure your facility is more than 1,000 feet from a primary or secondary school. You must have a facility address in order to apply to operate a dispensary. This is a tool and does not guarantee that your application will meet the 1000 foot buffer zone. A final determination will be made by the MMD staff only after an application has been submitted.
Assemble the following information you will need for your application:
- Address of (proposed) facility
- Contact information for the PRF
- One of the following forms of identification for the PRF:
- Oregon Driver License
- Oregon Identification Card
- U.S. Military Identification
- Oregon Secretary of State Business Registration Number (active or pending)
- Credit card for the $4,000 application fee, required at time of application. We accept VISA and MasterCard.
Documents you'll need after you have successfully submitted your application and payment has been received:
- Complete your online application. Success will automatically generate an e-mail which you should keep.
- Write down the Application Completion Code that starts with MMD which you will find in the email sent to you. You'll use this MMD# on all your forms and correspondence with the Oregon Medical Marijuana Dispensary Program.
- Pay the $4000 application fee. Your payment must be received before we can process your application. If your payment is not successfully processed, you will need to start over with a new application or follow the instructions in the e-mail that is sent to you.
- Mail in the following documents to the program after your payment has been successfully received. They must be postmarked within five business days of your payment.
Mail these documents to the address below.
- Proof of residency
- Security system preliminary information
- Zoning documentation from governmental entity
Oregon Medical Marijuana Dispensary Program
Oregon Health Authority
P.O. Box 14116
Portland, OR 97293Complete a background check and submit your fingerprints. They must also be postmarked within five (5) business days of your payment. View background check instructions and forms.
Please be sure to include your MMD# on every item mailed to the MMD program. Program staff will use this number to match your items to your application form. Items submitted without a MMD# will not be matched to an application.
After You Apply
Your application will be reviewed according to the rules governing the licensing of medical marijuana dispensaries. If your application is approved, you will receive a license which must be displayed within the dispensary.
If your application is not approved, we'll refund $3,500 of your credit card payment and send you a letter explaining the reason(s) why your application failed.
If you would like a status of your application please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: Do not navigate away from the application before you have successfully submitted it. As you work through the application process, remember to click "continue" to complete the process even AFTER your payment has been made in order to move on to the end of the application process.