All people, communities and cultures co-creating and enjoying a healthy Oregon.
To engage and align diverse community voices and the Oregon Health Authority to ensure the elimination of avoidable health gaps and promote optimal health in Oregon. By 2016, the Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI) will connect people, policy and programs to make substantial and measurable progress toward the achievement of our vision and mission.
Who We Are
The Office of Equity and Inclusion serves as a leader and catalyst in helping the Oregon Health Authority to promote equitable health and human services for communities of color, Indian tribal governments, and other multicultural groups.
Why We're Here
The Office of Equity and Inclusion works with community partners and government agencies to improve health and human services programs and policies for underrepresented populations in Oregon through culturally specific and culturally competent approaches. OEI also supports affirmative action, cultural competency and diversity initiatives that create and sustain welcoming environments that are inclusive and respectful of staff, customers and partners.
The Difference We're Making
- The Oregon Health Authority programs look to the Office of Equity and Inclusion for resources, training, assessments, and technical assistance.
- The Office of Equity and Inclusion links with county health departments, community-based coalitions and other organizations as partners and to provide technical assistance.
- The Office of Equity and Inclusion provides information and collaborative opportunities between state agency programs and community organizations, service providers, and policy-makers.
- The Office of Equity and Inclusion convenes a regional network of Diversity and Inclusion Professionals.
- The Office of Equity and Inclusion conducts fact finding and provides technical assistance regarding the OHA Discrimination and Harassment Complaint Procedure.
- OEI's Diversity Unit is focused on advancing efforts to ensure the diversity, inclusion and cultural competency of Oregon Health Authority leadership, staff and contractors.
- OEI's Equity Unit works with communities of color, and other communities experiencing health disparities to identify and advance policy and programmatic solutions in Oregon.
OEI 2011-2012 Annual Report
OEI Organizational Chart