DELTA is a comprehensive health equity and inclusion leadership program that strategically provides training, coaching and consultation to key health, community and policy leaders in Oregon.
- Build the capacity and commitment of Oregon’s health leaders to eliminate health disparities.
- Develop collaborative approaches and partnerships to promote health equity across Oregon’s health promoting systems
- Inspire leaders to act individually and collectively as proactive change agents to address significant challenges and barriers to achieving optimal health outcomes for all Oregonians.
Upon completion of the program, this cohort will act as drivers of equity and inclusion within Oregon’s health promoting systems. Members will apply the skills they acquire from the training and facilitate the development and institutionalization of health equity and inclusion strategies in their own settings. In doing so, health equity, diversity development and inclusion will be built into planning, policies, programs, practices, approaches, and resource distribution of these organizations.
- 20 cohort members
- 9-month program
- One full-day training per month
- Classroom instruction, group dialogue, small group activities, multimedia, interactive games, etc.
- Individual Health Equity Projects (tailored to organization)
DELTA trainings are delivered by local, state and national leaders in health equity and inclusion:
Potential training topics include, but are not limited to:
- Using a Health Equity Lens in Policy, Program Budget and Planning;
- Diversity/Inclusion Return on Investment;
- Culturally Competent Health Care and Public Health Strategies;
- Social Determinants of Health;
- Developing Health Equity and Inclusion Metrics
- Orientation, Health Disparities in Oregon
- Power and Privilege, Community Engagement Best Practices
- Data Collection and Analysis/CLAS Standards
- Best Practices for Developing a Diverse Workforce, Implicit Bias
- Health Literacy and Language Access
- Strategic Health Equity Plans, Health Equity and Inclusion Change Leadership
2013 Training Cohort
DELTA Cohort members receive the following:
- 40 hours of classroom training and technical assistance around developing and institutionalizing health equity policies and practices within organizational structures;
- 10 hours of individual consulting to cohort members to advance health equity at the policy and legislative levels;
- Assistance identifying concrete actions to take as a result of the training and the cross-sector relationships.
For more information about our 2013 cohort, please see our participant biographies.
For more information on participation or how to become a DELTA Trainer, please contact:
Charniece Tisdale, DELTA Coordinator - Charniece.Tisdale@state.or.us Ph. 971.673.1333