All people, communities, and cultures co-creating and enjoying a healthy Oregon.
We work with diverse communites to eliminate health gaps and promote optimal health in Oregon. By connecting people and programs, we can make substantial, measurable progress in improving all Oregonians' health.
What We Do
We promote health equity, diversity and inclusion for all Oregonians. Some of the ways we make that happen include:
- Support equitable access to employment, agency-wide implementation of workforce diversity recruitment and retention best practices.
- Provide our agency and partners with resources, training and technical help to eliminate health disparities.
- Partner with county health departments, Coordinated Care Organizations, community-based organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Promote collaborative opportunities between government entities, community groups, service providers, and policy makers.
- Investigate and provide expertise to address discrimination and harassment.
- Ensure compliance with statutes and policies that protect civil rights including language access and access for people with disabilities.
- Provide support to increase the capacity of our agency and our community partners to advance health equity diversity and inclusion.