Grants and Sponsorships
The mission of The Office of Equity and Inclusion is to engage and align diverse community voices and the Oregon Health Authority to assure the elimination of avoidable health gaps and promote optimal health in Oregon.
Through our grant program, we provide support to community based organizations to advance the mission of promoting health equity and eliminating disparities in communities of color, and for immigrants, refugees, and LGBTQ communities.
Grants Program Objectives
- Provide Community Education on Health Disparities and Health Equity
- Support Collaboration Between Community and Policy Leaders
- Increase Organizational Capacity to Engage In Health Equity Promotion
Grant Program Opportunities
- The OEI Sponsorship Program is designed to support activities that encourage/build relationships between community based organizations, state programs and legislative leaders through educational forums, fundraisers, conferences and other events.
- Priority is given to organizations that serve immigrants, refugees, communities of color, and LGBTQ communities.
Community organizations wishing to request a sponsorship may do so at any time. To do so, organizations must complete a Sponsorship Request Form that includes information about the organization, the nature of the sponsorship request, and the dollar amount or in-kind support requested.
Apply for a sponsorship
- To apply organizations must have 501c3 status.
- An online Sponsorship Request Form is available. The sponsorship form must be completed and submitted electronically.
For more information on grants or sponsorships, contact Alexis Asihene at (971) 673-1283, or via email Alexis.M.Asihene@state.or.us.
Grant Program Activities
The following list includes examples of allowable activities. Other activities not described will also be considered. Proposals must demonstrate that the project described is achievable, given the small grant size.
- Increase awareness of health disparities
- Strengthen leadership at all levels for addressing health disparities
- Improve coordination and utilization of research and outcome evaluations
- Improve state planning focused on minority health/health disparities
- Establish or enhance multicultural coalition building efforts within communities of color to collaboratively address health issues impacting minority communities
- Promote strategies to improve diversity in the health care workforce