Steps to become an Oregon Certified Health Care Interpreter
- Fulfill HCI training, language proficiency, and work experience requirements. See Requirements for Certification
- Download and complete Oregon Health Care Interpreter Registry Enrollment Application. (PDF - Word)
Note: If already registered, please skip this step.
- Pass oral and written health care interpreter certification exams.
Interpreters must make arrangements for certification testing directly with NBCMI
- Obtain written verification of:
Download and complete the Oregon Certified Health Care Interpreter Application Checklist
- 60 hours of formal health care interpreter training;
- Passing oral and written certification testing;
- 80 hours of documented health care interpreter work experience.
Mail all of the above materials, along with $30 Certification Application fee to:
- Oregon Health Care Interpreter Program
Oregon Health Authority
Office of Equity and Inclusion
800 NE Oregon St, Suite 550
Portland, OR 97232
Questions? Please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com, or 971-673-1286