Steps to become an Oregon Certified Health Care Interpreter
Note: If already registered, please skip this step.
Interpreters must make arrangements for certification testing directly with NBCMI
- Obtain written verification of:
- 60 hours of formal health care interpreter training;
- Passing oral and written certification testing;
- 80 hours of documented health care interpreter work experience.
- Oregon Health Care Interpreter Program
Oregon Health Authority
Office of Equity and Inclusion
800 NE Oregon St, Suite 550
Portland, OR 97232
Questions? Please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 971-673-1286