About the Oregon Health Care Interpreter Registry
What is the Oregon Health Care Interpreter Registry?
The Health Care Interpreter Registry is a database of working health care interpreters in Oregon. The registry includes three types of interpreters:
Note/disclaimer: Enrolling in the Oregon Health Care Interpreter Registry does not confer Qualified or Certified Health Care Interpreter status. The State makes no claims as to the competence of registered health care interpreters who are not Qualified or Certified.
Why enroll in the HCI Registry?
- Enrolling in the Registry is required to become an Oregon Qualified or Oregon Certified Health Care Interpreter.
- Enrolling in the registry allows employers seeking interpreters in your area to contact you.
- Employers will be able to verify your qualification or certification status through the Registry.
- The Registry helps the State to better understand interpreters working in Oregon, the communities they serve, and how to best support the profession.
Requirements to enroll in the Oregon HCI Registry:
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited school in the United States of America, or an equivalent diploma from another country.
- Fluent in English and another language.
- Review online orientation materials and agree to abide by National Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics for Health Care Interpreters.
Note: Your name, language and contact information will be publicly available unless you request otherwise on your Registry Enrollment Application.
When to Enroll in the Oregon Health Care Interpreter Registry
Interpreters may choose to either:
- Enroll in the Registry before applying for qualification or certification.
- Registry Enrollment can be completed either online or by mail.
Note: The online Registry enrollment application is temporarily unavailable.
Please submit all HCI Registry applications by mail until further notice.
- Registration fee: $25
- To enroll in the registry now, visit the Steps to Registration page.
Submit HCI Registry enrollment form as part of an application to become an Oregon Qualified or Certified Health Care Interpreter.
How to Enroll in the HCI Registry
To enroll in the registry now, visit the Steps to Registration page.