Effective January 1, 2013, the healthcare administration duties of the Homecare Union Benefits Board, LCC (HUBB) transfer to the Oregon Homecare Insurance Program (OHIP). This transition will not change your benefits in any way, and it will have no effect on where you go to obtain your medical, dental, and vision services, or your access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits.
Oregon homecare workers can expect the following services from OHIP:
* OHIP determines who is eligible for medical and dental insurance based on hours worked reported by Department of Human Services (DHS).
* OHIP sends enrollment materials to eligible homecare workers.
* OHIP processes homecare workers' enrollment forms.
* OHIP sends homecare workers confirmation of enrollment.
* OHIP bills the State of Oregon for insurance premium for eligible homecare workers.
* OHIP collects insurance premium from the State of Oregon and from homecare workers.
* OHIP sends the insurance premium to the insurance companies.
* OHIP answers homecare workers' questions about plan benefit coverage, enrollment and eligibility.
* OHIP advocates for homecare workers with the insurance companies and the State.
* OHIP assists homecare workers with appeals regarding eligibility, enrollment and claims payment.
* OHIP provides a full range of customer service assistance to homecare workers regarding their medical and dental insurance.
* OHIP works with the Family Health Insurance Assistance Program (FHIAP) to assist homecare workers in paying for family coverage.