Thank you for your interest in becoming a recognized Patient-Centered Primary Care Home and your commitment to better health and better care at lower costs for all Oregonians.
Any health care practice that provides comprehensive primary care and meets the key standards can become a recognized Patient-Centered Primary Care Home, including:
- Physical health providers
- Behavioral, addictions and mental health care providers with integrated primary care services
- Solo practitioners
- Group practices
- Community mental health centers with integrated primary care services
- Rural health clinics
- Federally qualified health centers
- School-based health centers
Steps to apply
1. Review the 2014 Technical Assistance and Reporting Guidelines carefully to find detailed information about the standards and technical specifications. The 2014 criteria applies to any clinics that submit applications on or after January 1, 2014. Clinics may no longer apply for recognition under the 2011 criteria.
Fill out the self-assessment tool to find out which standards you meet before filling out the application. This tool helps you answer questions and gather required data in advance of filling out the application. It also helps you estimate which tier of recognition you could qualify for based on what standards you meet.
3. Account Set Up
Before you can apply, your organization must have an account (username and password). To set up a new account, send an email to PCPCH@state.or.us with "Account Set Up" in the subject line. Please include the name of the organization and practice sites applying for recognition, and the practice site contact person email and phone number. You will receive a response with a user name and password in 1-2 business days.
Complete and submit the electronic application. Each practice site must submit a separate application. After your application is submitted with all required data, the Oregon Health Authority will review the application and notify you of the results in writing within 60 days. After your clinic is recognized as a primary care home there may be a variety of payment incentives available. Please visit the Payment Incentives page to learn more.
We are here to help. Please contact the PCPCH Program team at PCPCH@state.or.us or 503-373-7768 if you have any questions about the application process or the standards for recognition.
3 STAR Designation
Beginning February 1, 2015, practices that meet the following criteria will be eligible for 3 STAR recognition:
- Recognized as a PCPCH Tier 3 under the 2014 PCPCH Standards.
- Attest to 255 points or more on the clinic's most recently submitted PCPCH Application.
- Meet 11 or more of the 13 specified measures listed on the 3 STAR Designation Interest Form.
- Receive a site visit to verify all of the PCPCH Standards attested to are met. The designation will not be awarded on attestation only.
A practice must inform the PCPCH Program of its interest in the 3 STAR designation by submitting a 3 STAR Designation Form.
The Oregon Health Authority will conduct a verification process on a select percentage of recognized practices. When a practice is selected for an on-site verification, the 2014 Technical Assistance and Reporting Guidelines (TA Guide) lets you know what documentation your clinic must demonstrate to support its attestation. The TA Guide also describes how clinics should collect and calculate any data that may be required. If your clinic is chosen for a site visit to verify your application attestations, we will contact you to schedule an appointment at least 30 days prior to the intended site visit date.
To help recognized primary care homes spread the word about their commitment to patient-centered care, a brochure is available to distribute in waiting rooms and clinic offices.
The tri-fold brochure has customizable features that allow each clinic to include their clinic name, contact info, hours and more.