The Public Health Division strategic plan includes our vision, mission, values and goals. It is a living document that supports staff as we collaborate on common goals that maintain past accomplishments and drive our vision for a healthy Oregon.
Download the information on this page for printing.
Lifelong health for all people in Oregon.
Promoting health and preventing the leading causes of death, disease and injury in Oregon
Service excellence, leadership, integrity, partnership, innovation and health equity
Improve quality of life and increase years of healthy life
- Prevent and reduce tobacco use
- Improve nutrition, increase physical activity and reduce obesity
- Reduce violence and suicide rates through prevention efforts
- Prevent and reduce rates of communicable diseases
- Support Addictions and Mental Health Services (AMH) with public health tools to prevent and reduce alcohol and substance abuse
- Promote healthy aging
Promote and protect safe, healthy and resilient environments
- Increase community preparedness and resilience
- Prevent and reduce exposure to harmful environmental hazards and contaminants
- Provide public health leadership on human health concerns related to the natural and built environment
Strengthen public health capacity to improve health outcomes
- Promote health equity in all programs and policies
- Link public health and health care system to collaboratively achieve improved health outcomes
- Develop and maintain strategic public and private partnerships that improve community health
- Develop and maintain an organizational culture of continuous quality improvement
- Invest in up-to-date systems and expertise for public health assessment, monitoring and evaluation
- Promote and develop a competent, skilled, diverse and satisfied workforce