CAREAssist is Oregon's version of ADAP. CAREAssist helps people living
with HIV pay for medication and other medical care expenses.
are not health insurance, but we help individuals maintain health
insurance by paying for insurance premiums, doctor visit copays and
This page is intended to provide information and resources for community based case managers who are assisting people living with HIV.
Forms and Applications
More information on the following documents can be found on the page related to Forms and Applications. All documents have been translated into Spanish and can be found on Recursos en Espanol.
CAREAssist Application and Supporting Documents
Client Eligibility Review
Cost Share Adjustment Form
WellPartner Mail Order Enrollment
Medication Therapy Management
- MTM case managers referral form - In partnership with Ramsell, CAREAssist offers MTM to eligible clients who are having difficulty adhering to medications. Any HIV Case Manager can refer a CAREAssist client to MTM.
CAREAssist Complaints and Grievances
CAREAssist clients have two ways for accessing their medications, 1) a store based pharmacy or 2) a mail order pharmacy. More information about the pharmacy system can be found on Providers and Prescribers.
Store based pharmacy - CAREAssist works with a number of pharmacies statewide that are considered to be in-network or out of network.
- In-network pharmacy - Most clients are required to use an in-network pharmacy for their ongoing medication needs.
- Out of network pharmacy - In some circumstances, a client may use an out-of network pharmacy for their medication needs. To find an out of network pharmacy, use the Pharmacy Locator feature on the Ramsell website.
Mail order pharmacy - CAREAssist clients can also conveniently receive medications at their home or other destination of their choosing through services provided by WellPartner. Enrollment information can be found above or on the Providers and Prescribers page.
A current CAREAssist program formulary is available for download. CAREAssist will pay a co-pay for almost any medication prescribed
by a doctor as long as it is covered by insurance. Should a prescription not be covered by insurance, CAREAssist will pay full cost if it is on the CAREAssist formulary.
The CAREAssist overview
provides a brief overview of the CAREAssist program, and includes information about eligibilty, program services and client responsibilities. The module includes recorded audio so headsets are recommended to avoid disrupting anyone around you. It is approximately 13 minutes in running time.
- CoverOregon is Oregon's Health Insurance Marketplace (CoverOregon application).
- OMIP is the Oregon Medical Insurance Pool, or the high risk insurance pool for individuals with a pre-existing condition. Includes information, client notices, and application material.
- OHP is the Oregon Health Plan, or Oregon's version of Medicaid.
- Medicare provides insurance coverage for individuals 65 and older. Please see the Oregon Medicare_Guide for more information.
- Ramsell is the Pharmacy Benefits Manager for CAREAssist. Ramsell coordinates pharmacy distribution and payment for most CAREAssist clients.
- WellPartner administers the mail-order pharmacy for CAREAssist clients.
General ADAP information
- HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) is the bureau within the Human Resources and Services Administration that administers Ryan White funding, including the ADAP Program.
- The ADAP Glossary provides definitions for terms and acronyms commonly used in ADAP programs.
- The ADAP FAQs provides answers to commonly asked questions about ADAP programs. This document is not specific to CAREAssist, but provides a good overview of ADAPs in general.
All states receive funding for ADAP. If a client is moving out of Oregon, you might consider referring them to services elsewhere.
What other resources or information would you like to see here?
Email your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org