This page is intended to provide information and resources for community based case managers who are assisting people living with HIV.
Forms and Applications
More information on the following documents can be found on the page related to Forms and Applications. All documents have been translated into Spanish and can be found on Recursos en Espanol.
CAREAssist Application and Supporting Documents
Client Eligibility Review
WellPartner Mail Order Enrollment
Medication Therapy Management
- MTM case managers referral form - In partnership with Ramsell, CAREAssist offers MTM to eligible clients who are having difficulty adhering to medications. Any HIV Case Manager can refer a CAREAssist client to MTM.
CAREAssist Complaints and Grievances
CAREAssist clients have two ways for accessing their medications, 1) a store based pharmacy or 2) a mail order pharmacy. More information about the pharmacy system can be found on Providers and Prescribers.
Store based pharmacy - CAREAssist works with a number of pharmacies statewide that are considered to be in-network or out of network.
- In-network pharmacy - Most clients are required to use an in-network pharmacy for their ongoing medication needs.
- Out of network pharmacy - In some circumstances, a client may use an out-of network pharmacy for their medication needs. To find an out of network pharmacy, use the Pharmacy Locator feature on the Ramsell website.
Mail order pharmacy - CAREAssist clients can also conveniently receive medications at their home or other destination of their choosing through services provided by WellPartner. Enrollment information can be found above or on the Providers and Prescribers page.
To search for CCOs by county, look here.
Uninsured Persons Program
For persons who are unable to secure
health insurance outside of an open enrollment period, CAREAssist can assist with
payments for a limited number of medical services and medications (indicated by a "C" in the left hand column) necessary to
maintain engagement in HIV treatment. Persons enrolled
in this program must also be enrolled in community based Ryan White HIV case management,
and stay closely connected to the CAREAssist program to ensure that ongoing
health insurance is secured as soon as it becomes available, whether through changes in income, employment or any
other event that triggers eligibility. Recertification and cost share policies
apply. To see if a client may be eligible, please contact the CAREAssist program
Tobacco Cessation Services
CAREAssist clients who use tobacco are eligible for a variety of resources to help them quit or reduce their use. Read more on this Factsheet.
A current CAREAssist program formulary is available for download. CAREAssist will pay a co-pay for almost any medication prescribed by a doctor as long as it is covered by insurance. Should a prescription not be covered by insurance, CAREAssist will pay full cost if it is on the CAREAssist formulary.
The CAREAssist overview
provides a brief overview of the CAREAssist program, and includes information about eligibilty, program services and client responsibilities. The module includes recorded audio so headsets are recommended to avoid disrupting anyone around you. It is approximately 13 minutes in running time.
- Ramsell is the Pharmacy Benefits Manager for CAREAssist. Ramsell coordinates pharmacy distribution and payment for most CAREAssist clients.
- WellPartner administers the mail-order pharmacy for CAREAssist clients.
General ADAP information
- HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) is the bureau within the Human Resources and Services Administration that administers Ryan White funding, including the ADAP Program.
- The ADAP Glossary provides definitions for terms and acronyms commonly used in ADAP programs.
- The ADAP FAQs provides answers to commonly asked questions about ADAP programs. This document is not specific to CAREAssist, but provides a good overview of ADAPs in general.
All states receive funding for ADAP. If a client is moving out of Oregon, you might consider referring them to services elsewhere.
What other resources or information would you like to see here?
Email your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org