For persons who are unable to secure health insurance outside of an open enrollment period, CAREAssist can
assist with payments for a limited number of medical services and medications necessary for HIV treatment, through the Uninsured Persons Program (UPP). Benefits include:
- Formulary medications when dispensed
at a CAREAssist in-network pharmacy
- Limited laboratory and medical services performed in an out-patient setting, necessary for engagement in HIV treatment. Payment
is based on 125% of the current OHP Fee-For-Service rate. Any
additional payment occurrence for CPT codes requires prior authorization.
- Medication Therapy Management
- Tobacco Cessation Services
- Submit a complete CAREAssist application, verifying HIV/AIDS
at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level, and Oregon
- Ineligible for health insurance. Program must be notified if and when insurance becomes available.
- Enrollment in community-based Ryan White HIV Case
- Maintain all other program requirements, such as completion of the Client Eligibility Review and paying Cost Share when applicable
If you have questions about the Uninsured Persons Program, please contact the CAREAssist program.