Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Get Your Alcohol Service Permit

Service Permit Test Results

If you completed and passed your Server Education/Service Permit test within the last 60 days, your name should be on the list of test results. After 60 days, your name will no longer appear on the list and you will need to contact the OLCC to find out your score.
Get Your Test Results

If you do not see your name and test score on the list, and it has been more than 7 days since you have completed the test, please contact the OLCC at 503-872-5133 or email Stephanie.ODonnell-Peters@state.or.us.
Back to Top

New Law Regarding Service Permit Expiration Dates

All Service Permits issued after January 1, 2010, will have a new expiration date.  
A Service Permit will now expire five years from the date the Alcohol Server Education class was taken. 

Back to Top

Application And Instructions

Eligibility Requirements 
Instructions for completing your Service Permit Application (Please Read Carefully)
Service Permit Application  You must print two (2) copies of your completed application. Send one copy to OLCC with your check or money order for $23.00; keep the other to use as your temporary permit until you receive your permanent permit in the mail.

Back to Top

Renewing Your Service Permit

If you have taken an Alcohol Server Education class within the past 7 years, you are eligible to take the renewal class.  Please contact the OLCC at 503-872-5114 or 800-452-6522 ext. 5114 prior to registering for a renewal class to verify your eligibility.
Classroom renewal classes - Contact the provider directly to register for a class.
Action Server Education
Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Marion, Yamhill, Polk
503-234-7810 (Portland)


Online renewal class  

! Alcohol Server Classes
@ A Moment's Notice
A+ Server Education
Oregon Alcohol Server Permit Training
Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association
503-682-4422 or 1-866-679-6733




Back to Top

Replacing Your Service Permit

You can replace your unexpired permit if your permit was lost, stolen, or your name has changed.You do not need an authorized signature for this request.
The fee for a replacement card is $5.
Service Permit Application You must print two (2) copies of your completed application. Send one copy to OLCC with your check or money order for $5; keep the other to use as your temporary permit until you receive your replacement permit in the mail.  This is to replace an unexpired service permit.  You do not need an authorized signature.
Back to Top

Class Calendars & Server Education Trainers (Providers)

Server Education Class Calendars 
Select a monthly calendar to find a Server Education class in your city.


 Server Education Trainers (Providers)

Select the link below for the companies who teach the Alcohol Server Education classes, the counties they teach in, whether they have classroom or online classes, classes in other languages, and how to contact them to register for a class.
Back to Top

Service Permit FAQs

Back to Top

Alcohol Server Education General Information

Back to Top

Seller and Clerk Training Programs

If a clerk sells alcohol to a minor, or fails to properly verify a customer's age, the clerk must complete an approved training program. All employees working for grocery stores, convenience stores, and liquor stores are covered by this rule, OAR 845-009-0145. 
Effective January 1, 2010, those who sell alcohol to minors may receive a reduced criminal penalty in court if they have completed an OLCC-approved seller training program or hold a valid service permit.
Approved seller training programs include all OLCC Alcohol Server Education (ASE) classes as well as other available courses. 
Back to Top

For More Information

For more information about alcohol service permits, please contact:
503-872-5139 in Portland
or 1-800-452-6522, ext 5139, elsewhere in Oregon
For more information about alcohol server education, please contact:
503-872-5133 in Portland
1-800-452-6522, ext. 5133, elsewhere in Oregon

Back to Top