January 8, 2013
Lieutenant Gregg Hastings
Public Information Officer
(503) 731-3020 ext 247
The name of the 9th victim is released today in relation to the December 30, 2012 fatal bus crash that killed nine people, 5 women and 4 men, and injured 38 others along Interstate 84 east of Pendleton, Oregon. Eight of the injured are reportedly still being treated in a hospital.
The final deceased victim is identified as RICHARD MICHAEL SOHN, age 19, from Bellevue, Washington.
The other previously released deceased victims’ names are:
* YONGHO LEE, age 75 (female), from Lynnwood, Washington
* YOUMIN KIM, age 11 (female), from Korea
* CHUN HO BAHN, age 63 (female), from Bothell, Washington
* AE JA KIM, age 61 (female), from Gangwon Province, Korea
* OUN HONG JUNG, age 67, and his wife, JOONG WHA KIM, age 63, from Korea
* SEOKMIN MOON, age 55 (male), from Maple Ridge, British Columbia
* DALE WILLIAM OSBORN, age 57 (male), from Spanaway, Washington
The Oregon State Police and State Medical Examiner’s Office appreciates the help following the tragic crash from the Korean Consulate, Consulate of Canada, the victims’ families, and numerous hospitals where survivors received medical treatment.