February 20, 2014
Lieutenant Gregg Hastings
Public Information Officer
(503) 731-3020 ext 247
A Grants Pass-area man was arrested Thursday morning during the execution of a search warrant by the Rogue Area Drug Enforcement Team (RADE).
According to Oregon State Police Sergeant Jim Johnson, on February 20, 2014, RADE members served a narcotics search warrant at 149 Kadee Lane and seized approximately a half ounce of methamphetamine, several pounds of marijuana, marijuana that had been manufactured into "honey-oil", 3 firearms and restricted weapons, and cash.
RADE detectives arrested FREDERICK EUGENE GILBERT, age 48, as he was leaving his house. GILBERT is a convicted felon and lives within 1000 feet of Allendale Elementary School. GILBERT was lodged at the Josephine County Jail on the following charges:
* Unlawful Possession, Distribution, and Manufacture of a Controlled Substance - Methamphetamine
* Unlawful Distribution and Manufacture of a Controlled Substance within 1000 feet of a School - Methamphetamine
* Unlawful Distribution and Manufacture of a Controlled Substance within 1000 feet of a School - Marijuana
* Felon in Possession of a Firearm (3 counts)
* Felon in Possession of a Restricted Weapon (3 counts)
RADE was assisted by members of the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety and Medford Area Drug and Gang Enforcement (MADGE) team.
The RADE interagency narcotic team is comprised of personnel from the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety, Oregon State Police, Josephine County District Attorney's Office, and Josephine County Community Corrections.
### www.oregon.gov/OSP ###