November 12, 2013
The Oregon City Police Department and Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation Response Team appreciates your support of Officer Robert Libke's family, the Police Department, and the Oregon City community during this difficult time. Our goal for the Celebration of Life Service is to support the family's wishes in holding a service that will be a tribute to Officer Libke and provide support to our community.
The Celebration of Life service is scheduled Thursday, November 14, at 1:00 p.m. at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland. All media representatives are asked to indicate their intention to cover the service by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following guidelines are provided to help our media partners cover the event:
* KGW TV - Portland will provide pool camera(s) for coverage inside the venue at fixed location(s). No other media video cameras allowed inside the venue. A live video feed will be provided to the Rose Quarter. The pool feed will be provided as a "standard def SDI switched feed with embedded audio" at the KGW truck for each media organization that needs it. KGW does not plan to distribute recordings, just the live feed. No other video equipment to be allowed inside to cover the event.
* Media parking is provided in the Annex Lot located on the south end of the Coliseum off N. Drexler Drive. If all spots are taken, media vehicles should seek parking in the Garden Garage Parking location north of the Moda Center. This garage is set aside of the event's public parking. Please refer to venue parking information at this link: http://www.rosequarter.com/parkingdirections/parkinginformation/tabid/62/default.aspx
* All media representatives are asked to use the main level east side entrance and contact the MEDIA CHECK-IN table located inside the main doors to the left. Media credentials will be available starting at 10:00 a.m. at the marked media check-in table. All media are required to wear the provided credential identification provided at check-in table. Unless advised otherwise, we ask the provided credentials be returned after the service.
* Media needing earlier access into the venue should indicate via email why access is needed. We will attempt to allow earlier access upon check-in before public access begins at 12 noon.
* The doors into the venue seating area will be open to the public 12 noon. Public Information Officers will be available on site and will escort media to reserved seating locations.
* Reserved seating/area for photographers and reporters will be provided. We ask reporters and photographers to remain in the assigned area during the service. Public Information Officers will be on hand to assist.
* We ask for discretion by still photographers. For example, no flash during national anthem or any prayer/moment of silence.
* Please no photographing of Officer Libke's family members during the service.
* Media will not be allowed to drive in the procession. Route details will be provided in the near future.
* There are no planned public events directly after the service for media to cover.
Note: There is an opportunity to come between 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. for media interested in video and/or photos of the Honor Guard preparations. An Honor Guard representative will be available for interviews or to answer questions about their role. Please notify OSP Lieutenant Hastings of your intent to come during that time. Please meet at the main level east doors by 8:45 a.m.
The planning team appreciates the media's partnership in providing positive coverage of the Celebration of Life Service.
### www.oregon.gov/OSP ###