The procession route is expected to include hundreds of public safety vehicles. The following links show section routes starting from Clackamas Community College to Veterans Memorial Coliseum:
Section 1 - http://bit.ly/182AJKJ
* Through Oregon City, north on S. Molalla Avenue, then
* Left on 7th Street westbound to Washington Street, then
* Northbound on Washington Street to 14th Street, then
* Left on 14th Street to SE McLoughlin Boulevard (Highway 99E), then
Section 2 - http://bit.ly/HPzc0K
* Right onto SE McLoughlin Boulevard to northbound Interstate 205, then
* Exit to westbound Interstate 84, then
* Westbound to Interstate 5, then
Section 3 - http://bit.ly/1j27vx8
* Approaching Interstate 5, exit toward Convention Center/Moda Center merging onto NE 1st Avenue, then
* Turn left onto NE Multnomah Street, then
* Turn right onto N. Interstate Avenue, then
* Turn right onto N. Larrabee Avenue, then
* Turn right onto N. Winning Way to access parking structures
Members of the public who wish to view the procession from along the route should be in position by 10:00 a.m. Please do not use freeway shoulders as parking areas to view the procession.
During the procession area travelers should be prepared for traffic congestion and delays on Oregon City streets, along Interstate 205 and Interstate 84, and Portland-area city streets in the vicinity of the Veterans Memorial Coliseum / Moda Center venue. ODOT will post messages on overhead variable message signs advising temporary closures on the freeway system for non-procession traffic.
If you are planning on driving in the areas noted along the route, we encourage you to take an alternative route or delay traveling until the procession has cleared where you plan to drive.
* Highway 213 near Clackamas Community College and Oregon City streets along the route will be closed until the procession has cleared.
* As the procession approaches Interstate 205, the northbound lanes will be temporarily blocked. All on ramps to Interstate 205 northbound lanes between Oregon City and Interstate 84 will be blocked until the procession has cleared. On ramps will be re-opened as the end of the procession clears each interchange.
* Access to Interstate 84 westbound lanes will be blocked in the vicinity of the Interstate 205 interchange until the procession has cleared the area.
* All on ramps to westbound Interstate 84 will be blocked between Interstate 205 and Interstate 5 until the end of the procession has cleared each freeway access area.
* Interstate 5 is not expected to be closed but area travelers may experience congestion and delays near the Moda Center area (interchange Exit 302A).
* Portland city streets in the venue vicinity will be closed along the route until the procession has cleared the area.
* Transit riders along the processional route may experience slight delays as they wait and hold for procession to proceed.
The public attending the event is encouraged to carpool, use public transportation (http://trimet.org/) to Veterans Memorial Coliseum, or walk or ride a bicycle. Otherwise, expect delays and congestion before and after the event which is expected to end at approximately 3:00 p.m.
The Robert Libke Celebration of Life service is being organized with the help of the Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation (OFBF). Founded in the spring of 2011 by several Oregon law-enforcement honor-guard commanders and coordinators, the non-profit organization provides support for the planning and execution of law-enforcement memorial services throughout the state in order to ensure fallen officers are given the full honors to which they are entitled. Anyone wishing to donate to help support and offset the costs of the memorial service may do so at this time on the Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation website at http://oregonfallenbadge.com/site/index.php/make-a-donation.