Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
Driver Facing Charges After Serious Injury Crash - Highway 101 north of Tillamook
Lieutenant Gregg Hastings
Public Information Officer
(503) 731-3020 ext. 247

Photograph link valid 30 days - Source: Oregon State Police
A Bay City man is facing multiple charges following an alcohol-involved two vehicle serious injury traffic crash Friday night that injured two adults and three children on Highway 101 just north of Tillamook.
According to Sergeant Greg Plummer, on February 24, 2012 at approximately 9:15 p.m. a northbound 1989 Buick Regal driven by JAKE A. ADAMS, age 26, from Bay City, crossed into the southbound lane on Highway 101 near milepost 64 and collided nearly head-on with a 2000 Honda Odyssey van driven by HANNAH DANI-THOMAS, age 26, from Tillamook. Witnesses said the Buick was driving erratically without headlights activated prior to the crash.
ADAMS was initially transported by ambulance to Tillamook County General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He was later transferred to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center. OSP cited him to appear in Tillamook County Circuit Court for DUII, Reckless Driving, Recklessly Endangering Another Person (4 counts), and Assault in the Third Degree (3 counts).
HANNAH DANI-THOMAS and her three children were transported to Tillamook County General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. A two year old daughter, RENESME SOPHIA THOMAS, was treated for minor injuries and released later to a relative. The mother and two other children, RYLAN MICHAEL DANI, age 8, and AIZLYNNE JEMMA THOMAS, age 6, were later transferred by ambulance to Oregon Health & Sciences University and Doernbecher Children’s Hospital in Portland.
All occupants of both vehicles were properly restrained at the time of the crash. Airbags deployed in the Honda Odyssey.

Assisting with the investigation were the Tillamook Police Department, Tillamook County Sheriff's Office, Tillamook Fire and Rescue, and Tillamook Ambulance. The highway was blocked for approximately one hour during the crash investigation.