Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
Two Arrested After Stealing Skate Park Charity Jar from The Dalles Pizza Business
Sergeant Pat Shortt
Oregon State Police - The Dalles
(541) 296-9646

Photograph links valid 30 days - Source: NORCOR
http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-10/1002/39309/New.jpg (Wyatt New)
http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2010-10/1002/39309/Brennan.jpg (Riley Brennan)
Two 18-year old males were arrested Tuesday afternoon by Oregon State Police (OSP) troopers with the help of Hood River police after they stole a charity jar with over $103 cash from a pizza business in The Dalles. All the money, which is being collected for a local skate park project, was recovered by officers and will be returned for the project.
On October 19, 2010 at approximately 3:18 p.m. OSP troopers were asked to be on the lookout for a white Honda Accord four-door displaying Washington plates with occupants suspected of stealing a charity jar from the counter of Papa Murphy's Pizza in The Dalles on West 6th Street. The car was last seen westbound on West 6th Street.
At 3:25 p.m. OSP Trooper Brent Ocheskey and Senior Trooper Gavin McIlvenna were eastbound on Interstate 84 near milepost 74 when they saw the suspect vehicle westbound. Hood River police were notified as at 3:37 p.m. an officer stopped the car at the Marina Chevron station at Exit 64. The two OSP troopers arrived shortly after the stop.
Subsequent investigation led to the arrest of the driver and right front passenger for Theft in the Second Degree. Driver WYATT ALLEN NEW, age 18, from Lyle, Washington, and passenger RILEY MICHAEL BRENNAN, age 18, from The Dalles, were lodged in the Northern Oregon Regional Correctional Facility (NORCOR).
BRENNAN allegedly stole the charity jar, kept the $103.08 in cash and change, and dumped the jar as they drove west toward Hood River. NEW allegedly was aware of the crime and drove the get-away vehicle from the scene.
Two female passengers, ages 29 and 27, were not arrested. The car was towed and impounded by Hood River police.