Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image
Estacada Man Arrested After Foot Chase, Resisting Arrest
Lieutenant Gregg Hastings
Public Information Officer
(503) 731-3020 ext. 247

Photograph link valid for 30 days - Source: Clackamas County Sheriff's Office
An Estacada-area man was arrested by Oregon State Police (OSP), with the assistance of Clackamas County Sheriff's Office and Sandy police, following an extensive attempt to elude on foot and attempts to assault an OSP sergeant Saturday in the Eagle Creek area. The man was taken into custody about 20 minutes after the incident began and lodged in the Clackamas County Jail.
On November 28, 2009 at approximately 10:11 a.m. an OSP sergeant attempted to stop a 1981 Toyota pickup after seeing no vehicle license plates displayed. The pickup continued driving on Weitz Lane in Eagle Creek until the male driver stopped and fled on foot into a nursery in the 29000 block.
With back up several miles away, the OSP sergeant pursued the suspect on foot and overtook him to affect an arrest. The suspect resisted arrest and attempted to assault the OSP sergeant who responded with chemical Capstun sprays and baton strikes. The suspect then again fled on foot and went down a steep embankment toward a creek as other officers arrived in the area.
At approximately 10:35 a.m. the suspect was spotted trying to climb a tree and taken into custody without further incident.
The suspect was identified as RANDALL LEE DAVIDSON, age 46, from Estacada. DAVIDSON was wanted to two outstanding warrants charging Parole Violation and Probation Violation. The pickup he was driving was confirmed as a stolen vehicle out of Molalla.
DAVIDSON was lodged at the Clackamas County Jail on the two warrants and the following charges:
  • Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle
  • Possession of a Stolen Vehicle
  • Misdemeanor Attempt to Elude on Foot
  • Felon in Possession of a Restricted Weapon (Brass Knuckles)
  • Escape in the Second Degree
  • Resisting Arrest
The OSP sergeant estimated the foot chase covered about a mile. No one received any injury that would require medical treatment.