The purpose of the Office of State Fire Marshal (OSFM) Smoke Alarm Installation Program is to protect Oregon’s citizens by providing free smoke alarms to Oregon fire agencies that agree to install them in communities that may be at risk due to a lack of working smoke alarms. Training and technical assistance is available to any Oregon fire agency interested in conducting a smoke alarm installation project.
Steps to Conducting a Smoke Alarm Installation Project
- To begin a smoke alarm installation project, contact email@example.com or 503-934-8266 to sign up for a training.
- Submit a smoke alarm installation program application (see below)
- Receive smoke alarms and program materials from the OSFM
- Install smoke alarms within 45 days* of receiving the shipments (*the installation time period may be extended)
- Fill out smoke alarm installation/waiver forms and record the number of smoke alarms tested and installed
- Submit installation and waiver forms to the OSFM (within 10 days of installation)
- Dispose of old smoke alarms