The purpose of the Oregon Office of State Fire Marshal (OSFM) Smoke Alarm Installation Program is to protect Oregon’s citizens by providing free smoke alarms to Oregon fire agencies that agree to install them in communities that may be at risk due to a lack of working smoke alarms. Training and technical assistance is available to any Oregon fire agency interested in conducting a smoke alarm installation project.
Steps to Conducting a Smoke Alarm Installation Project
- To be eligible for a smoke alarm installation project, you must complete a training on the program. Visit our Training and Events page to view upcoming training opportunities.
- Submit a smoke alarm installation program application (see below). Please allow 14 days for the project approval process and smoke alarm delivery.
- Receive smoke alarms and program materials from the OSFM within 14 days.
- Install smoke alarms within 45 days of receiving the shipment.
- Fill out smoke alarm installation/waiver forms for each residence where you installed a smoke alarm.
- Submit installation/waiver forms to the OSFM within 10 days of installation.