For an OT Assistant Application Form use the link below:
OTA APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Sign and return the completed application form with check or money order payable to the “OT Licensing Board”.
- FEE: The OTA Application fee (one-year) is currently $70, good through May 31, 2018.
- New Graduates only: Have your school send OFFICIAL OTA school transcripts if you just took NBCOT exam and this is your first initial OT license. You do not need to send school transcripts if you are coming by endorsement from another state.
- New Graduates only: Pay NBCOT to have your scores transferred to the Oregon Board.
- If coming by endorsement: you no longer need to order your NBCOT verification to be sent to us. We are able to look up your certification directly on the NBCOT website.
- If coming by endorsement: Have state verification(s) sent to Oregon from any state where you have ever been licensed and worked. Either order it from that state's web site, contact them directly, or Click here for a sample form you can use. Be sure to pay their fee to send the verification to Oregon. If your verifications will come in a different name than your application, please make that clear on the front of your application form!
- Pass the Oregon Ethics/Law Exam required for all new applicants.
- OTAs are required to file a Supervision Form (see Supervision) with the Board office prior to starting work as an OT Assistant.
· CE: If you are currently NBCOT certified, you have automatically met the CE requirement in Oregon. If you are not currently certified, you need to have 30 points of CE within the last two years. See Continuing Education tab for more information.
How long does it take? Once we receive all documentation, we license within 3 days.