Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Conservation Corner
The Conservation Corner


Water Supply Development Program

Oregon’s 2012 Integrated Water Resources Strategy outlined a suite of recommended actions aimed at helping Oregonians meet their in-stream and out-of-stream water needs.  The Water Resources Department’s water supply development coordinator can provide technical assistance to communities as they explore options to meet those needs.  Staff can also provide information on the Department’s grant and loan programs for water projects.  The Water Conservation, Reuse and Storage Grant Program is designed to fund the qualifying costs of planning studies that evaluate the feasibility of developing water conservation, re-use or storage projects. In addition Senate Bill 839, established the Water Supply Development Account, allowing OWRD to expend moneys for making loans and grants to evaluate, plan and develop in-stream and out-of-stream water development projects that provide economic, environmental and social/cultural benefits.

For more information, please contact water supply development coordinator, Jon Unger. Contact by telephone at 503-986-0869 or by e-mail at Jon.J.Unger@wrd.state.or.us