Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only
Site Image

Child Support
Child Support for Youth in OYA Custody
State and federal laws require the State of Oregon to collect child support payments from parents (both biological and adopted) when their youth is placed in state custody.  Guardians are also ordered to pay child support. The money is used to reimburse the state for part of the cost of providing care and services for youth.  The Division of Child Support (DCS)  is the agency that arranges and collects child support.
The amount of support parents must pay depends on income.  DCS has guidelines to calculate the amount of the child support payment.  The Oregon Youth Authority has a Fast Facts Brochure about child support obligations for parents of youth offenders. The brochure is available in English and Spanish.  It is also available at OYA parole/probation offices and OYA facilities. 
OYA's Child Support Coordinator can answer technical child support questions and may be reached at 503-373-7779.

For information in Spanish . . .