OYA recognizes the importance of interaction between youth in its custody and family and members of the community. Such access allows youth to maintain positive relationships that can help with their reformation and contribute to effective planning for their treatment needs.
Who may visit: Visitation is limited to people who are integral to the youth's case plan (such as family members, the youth's attorney, and people involved in the youth's treatment).
- General Sunday visitation schedules are established for each living unit.
- Gamma/Sigma - 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m
- Omega/Zeta - 1:30 - 4 p.m
- Epsilon - 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m
- Alpha/Delta - 1 - 3:30 p.m.
- Special visits, outside of regular visitation schedules, may be arranged through the Treatment Manager or designee if the parents/guardians are unavailable to visit on Sundays.
- Visitation is supervised by OYA staff.
- OYA staff will inform visitors of applicable rules, policies, and procedures relating to visitation prior to entry into the facility.
- Staff will consider all requests for visitation and allow or deny the visit on the basis of what would best benefit the youth, within the interests of facility security and order.
Visitors may only bring these items into the facility:
- Current photo ID
- Automobile key and remote (only)
- Life-sustaining medication in its original prescription container
- Basic necessities for an infant in a clear plastic bag (will be inspected)
- Cash to purchase snacks
Visitors may not bring or wear these items into the facility:
- Wallets or purses
- Cell phones and watch phones
- Pictures (must be mailed to the facility)
- Torn clothing (jeans, shirt, etc.)
- Sleeveless shirts, tank tops, and short shorts/skirts
- Any clothing that has professional sports team logos or insignia
- Hats, beanies, or any headwear
- Underwire bras are discouraged and should not be worn as this could prevent access to the facility. Bras without metal wire are recommended.