Oak Creek Youth Correctional Facility is an all-female facility. It provides OYA and the juvenile justice system an opportunity to engage in services specific to our young women in Oregon. There are some key elements that have been identified in working with a gender-specific population that the Oregon Youth Authority, working with national experts, has utilized in the development of treatment curriculum and service delivery.
Gender Specific Programming
- Creating the facility culture from day one
- Evidence-based treatment curriculum
- Dialectical Behavior Treatment (DBT), a research-supported treatment which combines cognitive behavioral therapy and methods with Eastern meditative principles and practices.
- Service delivery/best practices, approaches that are specifically responsive to females, physically/emotionally safe environment, environment that values young women, health and fitness needs.
- Opportunities for living unit cross over/campus involvement
- Minority/cultural considerations, responsivity opportunities
- Volunteer Services, mentor program, animal visit program.