What is the PAT?
To be considered for employment as an OYA Group Life Coordinator, applicants are required to successfully complete a pre-employment physical abilities test. The following dates and locations are scheduled for candidates to participate in this activity. Successful demonstration of the physical abilities outlined below and on the recruiting announcement will be required before candidates are referred for interviews.
To make an appointment, contact the area convenient to you (see schedule below). If you reach voice mail, please leave the date and time you want to test, your full name (please spell your last name), and your telephone number.
Please plan to arrive a few minutes before the scheduled test time - we start promptly at the times indicated! If you are late, you may be rescheduled to another date. You must have a confirmed time at the testing location with the site coordinator before you will be allowed to participate in the test.
Because this is also part of the pre-employment process, there will be no compensation nor expenses paid for participation in the test.
Upon successful completion of the physical abilities test, you will receive confirmation of completion and your name will be coded on the list of eligible candidates as being qualified for further consideration. If you are unable to successfully complete the physical abilities test, you may be retested after 30 days.
Please note the physical abilities test results are good for only one year. If your test date exceeds one year, you must retest.
Required Physical Abilities
Candidates must be able to demonstrate they meet the following physical standards:
- ability to handle, feel, and have finger dexterity using both hands
- ability to move, carry or hold objects weighing from 6 lbs up to 165 lbs moving a maximum of 54 feet
- ability to kneel, bend, turn and stand, turn and sit, reach and crawl
- ability to perform 15 step-ups on a 12-inch stepping platform
- ability to run or jog 100 yards
- ability to hold body weight in the push-up position for 50 seconds
- ability to hold a 6 lb medicine ball at chest level with arms extended for a period of 40 seconds
- ability to complete the circuit outlined above two times with a 1 minute break between sessions
- acceptable vision of at least 20/30 (with or without correction) in both eyes, with peripheral vision of 160 degrees from a distance of 20 feet
- have binaural hearing (aided or unaided) in ranges from 500 to 2000 Hz and from 20 to 60 db