|The Retirement Application Assistance Session is a one-hour, one-on-one appointment with a retirement counselor for members who:|
A retirement counselor will:
- Have already attended a One-Year Group Counseling Session.
- Are within three months of retirement.
- Are prepared to submit their retirement application(s)*.
- Provide a brief overview of the retirement benefit estimate (optional).
- Provide comprehensive review of application(s), forms, and supporting documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Notarize forms (optional).
- Explain the retirement application process.
This appointment is not a counseling session regarding your personal or financial retirement decisions.
To ensure a productive session, please:
- Request a retirement benefit estimate, and bring it with you to the session. If you have not yet requested an estimate, click here.
- Download the necessary applications and forms:
- Complete as much of the application(s) and forms as possible before the session.
- Bring legible copies of proof of birth for you and your beneficiary (copy services will not be available). If you are unsure of what constitutes acceptable proof of birth, click here.
* If you are applying for a disability retirement, please contact PERS Customer Service at 503-598-7377 or toll free at 888-320-PERS. If your account is divorce-related, please contact the Divorce section directly at 503-431-8295.
Click on a city on the right side of the page to schedule your one-on-one session with a PERS counselor.