Note: PERS does not offer in-person, one-on-one pre-retirement counseling. You may call and speak to a counselor about your account, retirement options, and the retirement process by calling 888-320-7377.
Retirement Application Assistance Sessions (RAAS)
RAAS is a one-hour, one-on-one appointment with a retirement counselor for members who:
- Have made a decision to retire their PERS.
- Have decided on a retirement option and an effective retirement date.
- Are within three months of that retirement date.
- Have completed the service retirement application and are ready to have it reviewed. You may call and request an application, or you can download the forms.
The counselor will:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the application, forms, and supporting documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Notorize the application at no cost.
- Explain the retirement application process.
To ensure a productive session, please:
- Complete as much of the application as you can prior to arrival.
- Bring a copy of your benefit estimate. If you have not yet requested an estimate, click here or produce your own online estimate via your Online Member Services account.
- Bring legible copies of proof of age for you and your beneficiary (copy services will not be available). If you are unsure of what constitutes acceptable proof of age, click here.
As a courtesy to others, please do not schedule more than one session. One hour is sufficient time for a comprehensive review. RAAS is not a counseling session to assist you in making a decision to retire.
Click on a city on the right side of the page to schedule a Retirement Application Assistance Session.
RAAS is not intended for disability-related retirements.
Disability: Please contact PERS Customer Service at 888-320-7377.
Divorce: Please contact the Divorce section directly at 503-431-8295.
CANCELLATIONS: If you need to cancel an appointment, you may call customer service at 888-320-7377 or e-mail us PERS CANCELLATIONS. Please be sure to include your name, city of appointment, day, and time of appointment. Thank you.