OPSRP Pension Program and Individual Account Program (IAP) Retirement Forms and Information
|Steps to retire (only steps 5 and 7 are required but we recommend you consider the others). |
If you have questions or need to look up a specific OPSRP Pension Program subject, please visit A-Z: OPSRP Quick Answers.
- Am I eligible to retire?
- Read the OPSRP Overview and Benefit Calculation document.
- Get a benefit estimate. You can use Online Member Services or request a written benefit estimate. PERS processes most benefit estimates in order of retirement date. We perform eligibility reviews on approximately 35 percent of members who request an estimate. This can cause a delay but we are able to identify eligibility issues before the estimate is generated. Benefit estimates use updated actuarial factors effective January 1, 2010.
- Read the Pre-Retirement Guide for step-by-step information about retiring as an OPSRP Pension Program member. The Guide will help you complete your Service Retirement Application.
- Complete the Service Retirement Application. You will receive your first benefit payment within 92 days of your effective retirement date.
- Attend a Retirement Application Assistance Session if you are retiring within 90 days.
- Notify your employer that you are retiring. Your employer must send a Notice of Separation to PERS so we can process your retirement.
- PERS offers health and dental insurance to PERS retirees and eligible dependents. Click here for more information.
Account withdrawal (For those who are not eligible to retire and not working for a PERS-covered employer.)
Macintosh (Apple) users click here for important information.
|Service Retirement Application
||For retirements beginning January 1, 2011, you must retire from the OPSRP Pension Program and the Individual Account Program (IAP) at the same time. The retirement application is for both programs.|
|Notice of Entitlement for OPSRP Pension Program Members
||Information sheet that explains the notice of entitlement sent to OPSRP members around the time their first benefit payment is issued.|
||Federal tax witholding form |
|Verification of Age
||List of acceptable documents for verification of age, which is required before payment of benefits.|
|These forms may be required|
||Form to withhold income tax or claim treaty rights for non-resident, non-U.S. citizen persons.|
||Required for any person with a foreign address. |
||Set up automatic deposit of your IAP installment payments.|
|Data Verification Request
||Tier One, Tier Two, and OPSRP Pension Program active or inactive members who are within two years of their earliest retirement age can request a verification of certain data.|
911 operators can retire after 25 years of service. To ensure you meet this requirement, complete this form, and submit it to PERS.
PERS provides all online forms and publications in .pdf format. To view them, you must have the most recent version of Adobe Reader®. Click here to download Adobe Reader®.