July 24, 2012 2012-008
Contacts: Susan Ackerman, Chair, 503 378-6611, Stephen Bloom, Commissioner, 503 378-6611, John Savage, Commissioner, 503 378-6611, Bob Valdez, Public Affairs Specialist, 503 378-8962
Salem, OR. The Oregon Public Utility Commissioners will get an idea what’s in store for natural gas prices in the future during its annual Natural Gas Price Outlook hearing Thursday July 26, 2012. The hearing begins at 9:30 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time in the Main Hearing Room at 550 Capitol Street in Salem.
Representatives of the Northwest Gas Association and Oregon’s three natural gas companies will provide their perspectives on a range of issues facing the natural gas industry including how prices could change for customers this fall.
Oregon’s natural gas companies will provide filings to the Commission this summer requesting to adjust their rates in the fall to reflect the expected changes in wholesale natural gas prices. Oregon’s primary sources of natural gas are gas fields in Canada and the Rockies.
- Overview Selected natural gas issues – Staff
- National Pacific Northwest
- The national picture on natural gas supply, demand, and price – Northwest Gas Association
- Utility presentations – Avista, Cascade, Northwest Natural
- Gas markets –- short and longer-term
- Estimated gas costs for the 2012-2013 Purchased Gas Adjustment
For media: Call in number 855-463-3863 enter pass code 6782#.
Please use the mute button on your phone while listening.