Law and Rule Required Course (LARRC)
|Effective January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2015|
The Law and Rule Required Course (LARRC) required by ORS 696.174 and OAR 863-020-0010 for renewal of a real estate license is developed by the Board.
Only continuing education providers certified by the Real Estate Agency may offer this course. The course covers changes to ORS chapter 696 (Oregon Real Estate License Law) and OAR chapter 863.
LARRC course requirements for certified continuing education providers:
- The course outline and learning objectives found in the "Law and Rule Required Course Subjects and Learning Objectives Document" must be used to develop the course.
- The name of the course must be “Law and Rule Required Course" on all documents relating to the course, including course marketing and certificates of attendance,
- The Real Estate Agency must be informed by the provider that it is offering the course. The Agency will post this information on its website under the certified continuing education provider information. (OAR 863-020-0030)
- The course must be a minimum of three hours in length. A continuing education provider or course instructor may allow a break of no more than 10 minutes as part of each hour of instruction.
- The course may be offered in any format, including classroom or on the internet.
- A course instructor that meets the instructor qualifications must teach the course.
Advanced Real Estate Practices courses submitted to the Board for approval must include the three-hour Law and Rule Required Course. (OAR 863-022-0045)
This course may be offered from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2013. The Board will review changes to ORS chapter 696 and OAR chapter 863 and, on a periodic basis as appropriate, will approve a new three-hour course on recent changes in rule and law.