|To qualify for a principal real estate broker license, you must: |
If you qualify, you must complete these steps:
- Complete a Real Estate License Application in eLicense, the Agency's online license management system. When the application is processed, you will receive an applicant ID number.
- Pay the $230 license application fee in eLicense.
- Select a certified continuing education provider that offers the Brokerage Administration and Sales Supervision (BASS) course.
- Provide your applicant ID number and your full name to your BASS course provider.
- Complete the 40-hour BASS course. The course provider will then make you eligible to take the license exam.
- Register and pay to take the principal broker license exam with PSI.
- Pass the principal broker license exam.*
If you work for another principal broker: Your new principal broker must log in to eLicense and associate you with the business.
If you work on your own: You may work under your licensed name or under a registered business name (a name that is not your licensed name).
- To work under your licensed name, log in to eLicense and select "Operate Under my Own License" and complete the process online.
- To work under a registered business name, log in to eLicense and select "Registered Business Name Application," complete the online application, and pay the application fee.
*Please note: License exam scores and background check clearances are each good for one year. The Agency can only issue a license while the relevant scores and background check clearance are valid.