A property manager licensee can engage in the management of rental real estate as defined in ORS 696.010 individually, with principal brokers, or with other property managers.
An individual can hold only one real estate license (broker, principal broker, or property manager) at a time.
To qualify for a property manager license, you must:
- Be 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma, GED or international equivalent.
If you qualify, you must complete these steps:
- Complete a Real Estate License Application in eLicense, the Agency's online license management system. When the application is processed, you will receive an applicant ID number.
- Pay the $230 license application fee in eLicense.
- Select an Agency-approved real estate school.
- Provide your applicant ID number and your full name to your real estate school.
- Complete the required 60-hour pre-license education. Only courses completed on or after January 1, 2013 meet licensing requirements.
- Register and pay for property manager license exam through PSI.
- Pass the property manager license exam.*
- Submit fingerprints for background check while at PSI testing center.*
- Once your background check has cleared, choose to work for a principal broker, another property manager or on your own.
If you work for a principal broker: Your new principal broker or property manager must log in to eLicense and associate you with the business.
If you work on your own: You may work under your licensed name or under a registered business name (a name that is not your licensed name).
Once you have completed the requirements, the Agency will issue your license.
- To work under your licensed name, log in to eLicense and select "Operate Under my Own License" and complete the process online.
- To work under a registered business name, log in to eLicense and select "Registered Business Name Application," complete the online application, and pay the application fee.
*Please note: License exam scores and background check clearances are each good for one year. The Agency can only issue a license while the scores and background check clearance are valid.