1177 Center St. NE, Salem, OR 97301-2505
Visitor Parking Information
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Agency will be closed on:
Friday, May 24, 2013, for an unpaid furlough day, and
Monday, May 27, 2013, in honor of Memorial Day.
The office will reopen at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, May 28. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Licensing questions: email@example.com
Regulation questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education questions: email@example.com
The Agency no longer accepts paper forms.
Please visit the homepage to learn about doing business with the Agency using eLicense.
What the Oregon Real Estate Agency Does
The Agency regulates the laws and rules pertaining to real estate licensing, escrow licensing and condominium registration, including:
- the actions of real estate brokers in the course of their professional real estate activity as described in ORS 696.010(15);
- the actions of real estate property managers while managing rental real estate as described in ORS 696.010(12);
- unlicensed individuals who collect or attempt to collect a fee for representing a person in a real estate transaction;
- unlicensed individuals who collect or attempt to collect a fee for managing another person’s rental property; and
- the activities of escrow agents as defined by ORS 696.505.
The Agency does not regulate, and cannot assist the public with questions regarding:
- real property transactions between private parties not involving real estate licensees
- landlord and tenant laws.