What Does the Oregon Real Estate Agency Do?
The Agency regulates the laws and rules pertaining to real estate licensing, escrow licensing and condominium registration, including:
- The actions of real estate brokers and principal brokers in the course of their professional real estate activity as described in ORS 696.010(15).
- The actions of real estate property managers while managing rental real estate as described in ORS 696.010(12).
- Unlicensed individuals who collect or attempt to collect a fee for representing a person in a real estate transaction.
- Unlicensed individuals who collect or attempt to collect a fee for managing another person’s rental property.
- The activities of escrow agents as defined by ORS 696.505.
The Agency does not regulate, and cannot assist the public with questions regarding:
- Real property transactions between private parties not involving a real estate licensee.
- Landlord and tenant laws.